2008 was a big year for me.
After 20 years of teaching in the same school I moved out of teaching and got a job working for the Geographical Association. This meant spending several days a week in Sheffield.
The Killers released 'Human' as a single from their 'Day and Age' album.
I used this as the background music to some presentations for conferences that I suddenly found myself being invited to. This was such an exciting time. After 20 years of going to the same place every day I suddenly found myself travelling all over the country and speaking to large numbers of students and teachers everywhere from Scotland to Cornwall... I've written about it on my GA Presidents blog.
The second release from this album was 'Spaceman' which stands up well nearly 20 years on.
Back to where the seeds of wisdom were planted
Leaving the race forever
And reject the modern way
And now the grey's devoured the green
All cut to waste by great machines
In barren cities they conceived
With so many people we can't breathe
Seems foolish to look for words
That I just can't seem to say
In England's pleasant land
There's a need for greed I can't understand

No comments:
Post a Comment