Friday, 21 August 2026

Aug 21: 2024

From my Spotify Wrapped for this year, there were a few albums which I listened to the most during this year. I had a busy year working on writing projects, and other related consultancy work.

This was the album I listened to the most. The band has created the best option for anyone wanting to listen to the music of Yes.


There are some lovely instrumentatal moments on this album.
The final track is particularly good and is a love story to Jon's wife, who has been his supporter for decades.


Also in 2024, there was the release of new material from Clannad's 'Legend' album linked to the Robin of Sherwood TV series. I've blogged about that separately.


Public Service Broadcasting released 'The Last Flight': an album that ended on Howland Island - the final destination which Amelia Earhart was heading for when she disappeared. Here's a remix of that final track. It was particularly good when I saw it being performed live at the Barbican Hall, with an orchestra....


I also liked this album from 'The Cure' - not my usual music choice, but this has a good overall feel and got a lot of plays this year...



What were your favourite pieces of music from 2024?

No comments:

Post a Comment