Friday, 7 August 2026

Aug 7: 2010

2010 saw a series of albums that were important, including a solo album by Jonsi.

I remember this appearing on Spotify while I was working at the Geographical Association.

The first track hit really well as I listened to it in the office... and it was definitely my sort of thing.


And here's a track I saw him play live - and I still remember the sudden shift in energy part way through as the very impressive drummer kicked.

This was at Latitude in 2011, where we were invited to offer some workshops for young people and got free tickets as a result. We were invited back the following year too, and Tom Morgan Jones was also asked to create a map and we had lots of graphics and inking created for the event by him, including some of the famous Latitude sheep.


Around Us.


Just before Latitude, I had been to Glastonbury and, as with both, there was a presence from the Geography Collective / Mission:Explore.

I've posted separately about visiting Glastonbury that year.



What were your favourite musical memories from 2010.





No comments:

Post a Comment