Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Jul 22: 1994

Moving further into the 1990s today. 

Britpop was the thing, with Blur's 'Parklife' up against Oasis' 'Definitely Maybe'.
Neither of those were for me. Not my cup of tea...

Tori Amos released 'Under the Pink'.

Kurt Cobain's body was found on April the 8th that year.

In the interval of the Eurovision Song Contest that year, held in Ireland, was a dance performance called 'Riverdance'.


The music for this was by Bill Whelan and featured the top Irish musicians of the day.
I was fortunate to see a live performance of the stage show up at the Sheffield Arena.

Yes released 'Talk' - I remember playing this while heading for a holiday in North Wales.
REM released 'Monster' - a change of mood following a run of massively successful albums - I've already posted the ticket stub from the concert I saw on the Monster tour.

Pink Floyd released 'The Division Bell'. This has a link with my current place of work as the large metal heads on the cover

Back to 1994 and to an early album release from Francis Dunnery. The album was bookended by two songs I'm fond of...

A CD single which I have also featured some alternative versions.

What are your favourite musical moments from 1994?

No comments:

Post a Comment