Monday, 20 July 2026

Jul 20: The Prog Prom



The orchestra is conducted by Robert Ames. He conducted the orchestra that accompanied Sigur Rós on recent live tours.

Here's the programme for the evening:

Aaron Copeland, arr. ELP, orch. Robert Ames Fanfare for the Common Man 6’
Ian Anderson, orch. Sam Gale Living in the Past 4’
Mike Ratledge, orch. Sam Gale Out-Bloody-Rageous Pt 1 4’
Genesis, orch. Sam Gale I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) 4'
Michael Dunford, orch. Christian Balvig Northern Lights 5’
Justin Hayward, orch. Fiona Brice Nights in White Satin 5’
Peter Hammill, orch. Adam Dennis Refugees 7’
Yes, orch. Peter Riley And You And I 8’
Mike Oldfield, orch. Adam Dennis Tubular Bells Pt 1 – excerpts 5’

Keith Emerson, orch. Chester Tribley/Bronte Tucker Karn Evil 9: First Impression, Part 2 2’
Thjis van Leer, orch. Christian Balvig Sylvia 4’
Osibisa, orch. Christian Balvig Komfo 4'
Frank Zappa, orch. Christian Balvig Peaches en Regalia 3'
Focus, arr. Christian Balvig Sylvia 4’
King Crimson, orch. Fiona Brice 21st Century Schizoid Man - I Talk To The Wind - Court of the Crimson King 10’
Tony Banks, Steve Hackett, orch. Fiona Brice Entangled 7’
Kerry Minnear, Derek Shulman, Ray Shulman, orch. Sam Gale On Reflection 4’
Mike Heron, orch. Christian Balvig Maker of Islands 6’
Richard Wright, orch. Fiona Brice Great Gig In the Sky 5’
Rick Davies, orch. Christian Balvig Crime of the Century 6’
Modest Mussorgsky, arr. Keith Emerson, orch. Robert Ames The Great Gate of Kiev 5'

Other performers:

Guy Garvey vocals
Jane Weaver vocals
Gruff Rhys vocals
Carl Palmer drums
Peter Hammill vocals - I saw Peter Hammill live supporting Marillion back in around 1983....
Vanessa Hayes vocals

Stuart Maconie presenter
BBC Concert Orchestra
Robert Ames conductor



No comments:

Post a Comment