Monday, 20 July 2026

Jul 20: 1992

1992 was another year of fine albums.

Tori Amos released her album 'Little Earthquakes'.

This was a great album, and I saw the tour in support of the album. There was a lot of buzz around it.

The cover was also inspired by an image featuring another singer songwriter: Kate Bush.

The album of the year, according to the NME (New Musical Express - I fondly remember the years when I used to buy it), was Copper Blue by Sugar.

It was fantastic to finally get to see Sugar earlier this year playing live on the first UK date of their 'Love you even still' tour.


Pat Metheny Group released a double album called 'Secret Story'.

I loved this album for its interesting instrumentation and arrangements. This track was one I played during a tremendous thunderstorm in a holiday cottage outside Broadford on the Isle of Skye.


Roger Waters released 'Amused to Death' as a solo album. This is possibly the best of his solo albums, although Radio K.A.O.S has its moments.
The title is taken from a Neil Postman quote on TV and the media.



Peter Gabriel released 'Us', which has some classic powerful moments. Mike Oldfield worked with Trevor Horn on 'Tubular Bells II' and John McLaughlin released another powerful trio album called 'Qué Alegria' which sounded great...

What were your favourite pieces of music and memories from 1992?

No comments:

Post a Comment