1982 saw some other classic albums.
Rush 'Signals' was a real highlight and has been described before.
This was the summer that I got my 'A' level results, and got a place at Huddersfield Polytechnic to do a geography degree. We had a summer holiday in Cornwall with friends. It was a time when I knew my next few years were sorted and I could relax a little.
Simple Minds 'New Gold Dream' was a classic of this year too.
Pat Metheny Group's 'Offramp' had some excellent tracks, including 'James'. This was the time when the guitar synthesiser which he still uses to superb effect was being introduced to his albums.
Jethro Tull released 'The Broadsword and the Beast'.
This was accompanied by a tour with a very theatrical staging, like a ship, and costumes and other elements. I saw this tour and had the t-shirt which I wore quite a lot over the years.
Peter John Vettese was on keyboards, which started his involvement with Ian Anderson on his solo album 'Walk into Light' which came out the following year.
Here's a live recording from Freiburg... now there's a city worth visiting...
What are your favourite albums and memories from 1982?


No comments:
Post a Comment