Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Sep 9: Favourite album covers #1 - some contributions

When I was setting up the blog, I created a Google Form for contributions. It is still available - please get involved.

One of the questions asked about memorable album covers.

Here are some suggestions from others.

The Nice - Elegy

This has a sand dune on the front.

This Hipgnosis article describes the creation of the imagery on the sleeve.

A few suggestions from readers of the blog:

Sgt. Pepper - The Beatles, due to its fusion of fantastic music and the pop art of Peter Blake

Tool - Aenima. The limited edition CD from the 1990s has this weird 3D thing going on!

Raye - My 21st Century Blues

My dad had Supertramp's Crisis? What Crisis? on LP and I enjoyed looking at that when I was younger. Still a relevant image today.


Rum, Sodomy and the Lash by the Pogues - the wreck of the Medusa encapsulates the chaos of their music

Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy. 
I was fascinated when I would fold it out as a child trying to work out everything in there it was so weird and surreal.

Ned's Atomic Dustbin - God Fodder. I had the record and it brings back good memories. I think kids nowadays miss out on album covers - they were great!

Public Service Broadcasting - The Race for Space

Thanks to all those who have contributed so far... still time for you to suggest your own... the Google Form is at the top of the right hand column on the blog page.

No comments:

Post a Comment