I don't think I've been to the Palladium before.
Jon Anderson has been touring with the Band Geeks for quite a while within the USA, but this is their first tour of the UK.
Last night they reached London and the Palladium: a wonderful old theatre with great acoustics and sight lines. I was up in the Royal Circle.
The evening was excellent.
The band were great, and Jon's voice was as True as ever... timbre, range, accuracy and emotion. They started with 'Close to the Edge' and added 'And You and I' and 'Awaken' and the twists and turns of 'Perpetual Change'.
I'd heard of "10 standing ovations"... which was a little performative from some people....
I'd previously seen Yes (with all the classic members), the Union shows at Wembley when various versions got together, Anderson Bruford Wakeman and Howe several times, 'Drama' era Yes and various other solo shows....
Here's a review from someone else who was there...
And here's an official live video of 'And You and I'...
I also appreciated the staff who were stopping people from videoing... just watch the show with your eyes... Public Service Broadcasting definitely have this right... I hope they go back to showing this.
Here's 'Geoffrey went too far"....

No comments:
Post a Comment