“Being able to come back to Alexandra Palace – where we first launched the album in 2014 – and play our biggest ever headline show, in support of The Race For Space, is very special. That record means a great deal to us as a band, and we know it’s similarly important for a lot of our fans; we’re hoping to create a truly memorable, celebratory experience that will live long in the memory.”J. Willgoose Esq.
Yesterday I had the pleasure of heading for London with my friend Simon, who I've known for over 40 years to see Public Service Broadcasting's biggest ever gig, and to celebrate the 10+1 anniversary of their Race for Space album.
I met J Willgoose Esq. at the start of the summer at the PTI Geography Symposium.
Unfortunately when I said I was going along he didn't add me to the guest list...
I hadn't been to Alexandra Palace before. There's a great view of London from the top and there were lots of people with cameras waiting for the sunset. There's a big food and drink court and the large main hall.
There were lots of added features for this gig. One of them was to bring on the original vocalists: Andreya Casablanca for 2 tracks from 'Bright Magic' - their 'Berlin' album and the Smoke Fairies' for Valentina from the Race for Space commemorating the first woman in space. There were extra screens, pyro and squishy moon balloons.
There were also three roller skaters doing the 'People lets Dance' moves from the video.
The gig ended with 'Everest' of course.
And it was followed by a cover version of The Waterboys' 'The Whole of the Moon'....



No comments:
Post a Comment